We founded Wingocard with the objective to create a new financial system that always puts people first. We’ve all had our share of poor experiences with traditional banks. Why can't banking be more intuitive, transparent and easy to use? As a first step, we're building the ultimate Mobile Banking app designed for teens and their parents. Our mission is to empower the new generation to be smart with money - by giving them the best experience while providing education on personal finances. We believe that learning to better manage money at a young age will result in lifelong positive consequences. Wingocard was founded by 3 experienced leaders with a strong track record in the technology and start-up space.
This is a remote position.
About the role
As Wingocard’s first full-time marketing hire, you will play a key role in creating our brand’s positioning and developing and executing our marketing plan. You will be responsible for telling Wingocard’s story and the stories of our users. As a member of an early-stage company, you will be involved in long-term strategy as well as tactical day-to-day execution.
Reporting directly to the co-founder/CEO, this is an extremely rare opportunity to help an early-stage, mission-driven technology company build and grow to the next level.
- Plan and execute on our company purpose, vision, and mission statements
- Design and execute our marketing and product launch strategies including communications, PR, content and social media
- Build and execute on our company’s brand positioning, product story and voice across all channels
- Manage budget allocation processes to balance short-term financial goals with long-term investments
- Perform market research and competitive analysis
- Research, understand and build relationships with our target audience
- Advise, inform, and support ongoing product team with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Grow our brand's following through content creation, email marketing, and social media
- Work closely with 3rd party agencies and internal teams on marketing and customer acquisition strategies
Must-have Skills and Experience
- You have a burning desire to make a positive impact on the world
- 5+ years of marketing experience at a fast-growing consumer-facing company (ideally experience working on a brand from an early stage)
- Excellent track record of marketing execution and consistency, including owning and scaling products marketing
- Strong storytelling and content skills
- Experience in managing a team of marketers and developing talent
- Structured thinking and framework for solving complex problems
- Creative with exceptional communication skills verbal and written
- Strong cross-functional leadership track record
- Curiosity to learn and a desire to act and get (all kinds of) things done!
- Affinity towards quantitative and qualitative data with an analytical background
Nice to have
- Prior experience with FinTech and banking industry
- Experience with digital and mobile products
- Experience launching a product from scratch
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
- Remote work experience
What it means to work at Wingocard
Wingocard is a fully remote company that is headquartered out of Montréal QC, Canada. We are mission-driven, passionate about company culture, and strive to make a positive impact on the people around us. Our main company values are:
- Design First, Customer Best
- Thoughtful innovation
- Transparency & Integrity
- Lead with empathy
- Collaborate to create impact
- Do more with less
- Be a bar-raiser
- 🩺 Group Benefits
- 🏖 Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 😎 Competitive salary + stock options
- 💻 Apple Laptop
- 🖥 Choice of high resolution monitor(s)
- 📷 Web Cam
- 🎧 Choice of Bluetooth Headset
Wingocard is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.
Wingocard provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Wingocard will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.